Ingredients (to serve 3):
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 60g Tasman Black cashew cheese with black garlic
- 1 tbsp plant based milk
- 3 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Add olive oil to pan over med-high heat and saute onions and fennel. Add maple syrup and balsamic vinegar and continue to cook until very soft.
- While the onions are cooking, place pastry on a greased baking tray. Trim into a circle.
- Blend the cashew cheese with the milk to soften it and spread in the centre of the pastry, leaving 4-5 cm clear around the edge.
- Pile to onion and fennel mix on top and fold the pastry up over the filling. Pleat the edges of the pastry all the way around, pressing the folds with your fingers.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle with fresh fennel fronds to serve.